Creative Team Management
Print & Web Design
Messaging & Branding Consistency
Copywriting & Storyboarding
Brand Creation & Reinvention
Rachel Ralston Design, LLC.
Founder and CEO
Ann Arbor, MI
2011 to Present
– Launched a graphic design company focused on identity design, website creation, and social media consulting.
– Oversaw the development, design, and production of sales oriented cross channel campaigns for a diverse array of clients including the University of Michigan, Sharp Entertainment, and GMT Analytics.
– Spearheaded Winnow Research Studio’s brand development, identity design, and web presence including social media marketing and search engine optimization increasing web traffic, customer leads, and sales.
– Managed internal budgets, hiring, payroll, marketing, client relations, and creative deliverables.
Washtenaw Community College & Ann Arbor Art Center
Digital and Traditional Media Instructor
Ann Arbor, MI
2011 to 2014
– Designed curricula and taught students of all ages (high school, college, adult) fundamentals of design, composition, drawing, painting, figure study, and portraiture.
CS Hiring Manager & Operations Team
San Francisco CA
2009 to 2011
– Worked in a collaborative team-based atmosphere at the fifth-largest website in the world.
– Responsible for improving user experience through hands-on maintenance and moderation of the site.
– Managed and solved technical problems/bugs; process incoming subpoenas and legal documents; was selected to work on special projects.
– Addressed technical and service-oriented issues through phone service, email, and forum moderation.
– Wrote a training manual and managed hiring and training of incoming Operations staff.
Visual Arts Coordinator
2006 to 2008
– Organized creative marketing activities, such as promotional events and discount schemes, sought out artists, coordinated art shows, and acted as the point of contact for artists and events.
The Game Makers
Founder and Leader
Ann Arbor MI
2011 to 2014
-Started and ran a video game development meet up
-Did illustration for several indie titles still in development.
Scientifically Proven Entertainment
Gaming Illustration Internship
– Designed characters, backgrounds, props, storyboards
– worked on titles that are now available on Steam.
Western State College, Gunnison CO 2004 to 2008
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Oil Painting
Advanced: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
Strong: HTML/CSS, WordPress, W3 Schools web standards, Premiere, Dreamweaver, Video Editing, After Effects, Sound Editing, Photography & Photo Editing, Maya & 3D
Great Lakes Experimental Arts
Project & Creative Lead for the Lakes of Fire Effigy
Chicago IL 2013
– Spearheaded the application and design of the large-scale central Effigy for a Burning Man regional.
– Led a team of 30 in construction, transportation, management of 25’-tall piece, which included a successful Kickstarter campaign.
Prentice Hall PTR
– Wrote selected chapters, performed extensive research, and edited manuscript on The Inventor’s Guide to Trademarks and Patents (ISBN 0131869124), with Craig Fellenstein and Jaclyn Vassallo.
I’m also an accomplished artist and have worked as a professional illustrator in the gaming and publishing industries.